The 10th Biennial
W.I.Koch International Sea Scout Cup
The William I Koch International Sea Scout Cup Association, Inc. is pleased to solicit interested Scouts from around the world to participate in the 10th Biennial William I. Koch International Sea Scout Cup sailing regatta.
The Koch Cup is an invitation-only event for Sea Scouts BSA members and World Organization of the Scouting Movement Scouts.
U.S. QUALIFYING EVENTS
International Racers Wanted!
The William I. Koch International Sea Scout Cup Association, Inc, is pleased to announce that the 10th Biennial W.I. Koch International Sea Scout Cup is returning to the Sea Star Base Galveston, TX – USA.
Our goal is host 20 International and 20 U.S. teams at this event. U.S. team qualifiers are underway and we are in search of qualifying international teams.
If you believe your international team has what it takes to compete in this prestigious event – contact us using the link below for more information.
COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE!
Resources for Participants
Frequently Asked Questions
- US Sea Scouts- This is a by invitation event for US Sea Scouts. If you are a resident of the US, you must be an active and currently registered member of the Boy Scouts of America Sea Scout program and reached the rank of Apprentice prior to January 1, 2020. You must be at least 14 years of age and not reached your 21st birthday on the day the event begins. US Sea Scouts must attend a preliminary sailing event, and will be ranked in order of finish. There are 20 teams allocated for US teams. Additional US teams will be offered invitations if all 20 foreign teams are not filled.
- FOREIGN SEA SCOUT- Must be a registered member of a recognized WOSM Scouting organization, at least 14 years of age and not reached your 21st birthday on the day the event. Some foreign Scouting organizations have special rules, so check locally on rules for attending this event. Also some foreign Scouting organizations hold preliminary sailing events to determine who may represent their respective country. There are 20 teams allocated for foreign teams.
- STAFF- All staff must be currently registered as a Sea Scout or as a registered Sea Scout foreign or domestic adult leader. Please see registration requirements for staff. All adult leaders must have completed “Youth Protection Training”.
- This is a by invitation event. You must go on line to seascoutcup.org and fill in the participant registration or staff registration form on line, following the written instructions provided in the official invitation. First you must establish an account by providing a USER NAME and PASSWORD. Then you can return again and again to complete your registration form. You must make an entry on every single line. If something does not apply to you, simply enter NOT APPLY OR N/A. You must also pay a registration fee. Once you have done all of this you will receive medical and other forms to sign and return by via e mail, mail or fax. Only then are you registered. If in doubt about your registration status it is your responsibility to contact the Registrar via e-mail to determine your status. Please e mail the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your registration fee provides only a fraction of the cost of this event. DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS April 1, 2020.
- If you fail to complete your registration prior to April 1, 2020 your registration may be cancelled and you may not attend this event. It is your responsibility to determine that you are completely registered, all forms are submitted, including a required medical form and that you are properly registered.
- Once you register you may withdraw up to 60 days from the beginning date of the event. You must advise the registrar via e mail and receive confirmation that the registrar will allow you to withdraw. If you furnish written notice prior to 60 days of the event you will receive a complete refund of your registration fee. After the 60 day deadline, refunds will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Not everyone will be accepted to participate as a race team or to serve on staff. You should be notified that you have been accepted or rejected. However please contact the registrar if you have not been notified at least 90 days prior to the event.
The Commodore's Cup regatta is an annual event hosted by Southern Region Area 7 Sea Scouts. The 2019 Commodore's Cup was held at Blackbeard Sailing Club on the Neuse River from 8/24/2019-8/25/2019. Five teams of scouts from Ship 244 in Cary. NC and Ship 3 in...
Sixty-four Sea Scouts from 10 different countries and 17 different states set sail on the waters of Offatts Bayou off of Galveston Island, Texas in the William I. Koch International Sea Scout Cup, which concluded on Thursday. Sponsored by the William I. Koch...
Place Position Last Name First Name Ship Name (Number) Points 1 Skipper Miller Ryan SeaDogs (59) 13 Crew Charlebois Adrew SeaDogs (59) 2 Skipper Markussen Kate Drangonlady (1942) 15 Crew Smith Cole Drangonlady (1942) 3 Skipper Parsons Matthew Minnow...